Expert Insights on the Types of Content used by an Agency
Imagine this -
You gave an interview for the content writing job and you cracked it! You are selected for a content writing position in the digital marketing company and now it is time to implement things. But, you are all new to the world. There are certain types that are unexplored by you!
Anxiety strikes? Right?
Coming back to reality, it is not the time to back out, it is time to learn something new, something more exciting that exceeds just blog writing. Working in a digital marketing agency, it is a must that you know how to use the power of words, where and when. Not just this, you have to explore the different formats and tone of the content.
Businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth than businesses without.
Yes! Amazing right?
And, this is the reason why it is believed that content is the king and it continues to be the king! Minimal and right at the point is what the content world needs right now.
If you believe that every content is the same and the only thing that it takes is words, then I think it is time to re-think and re-implement everything.
I am going to guide you about the different types of content one has to learn if they are stepping into the digital marketing world.
Different types of content can help you connect with different customers in a number of ways!
Content is used for reaching and connecting with the target audience and to rank above all. Getting that first ad copy or the blog ready for the first time can be a real tough task, it is far more difficult than anyone can ever imagine.
Why content is important?
- Content informs your audience.
- Content lets a website or a piece of content rank high.
- Content is easy to understand and shareable.
- Content earns conversions.
- Most importantly, content is the foundation for digital marketing strategy.
It is super-important and one should never ignore it! From setting up a website to delivering a post on the social media platform, be it Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other, without content nothing would be complete and effective.
Let’s know about the different types of content that one should know to master content/creative writing in all.
01. Website Content:
The internet is a crowded space! And, around more than 1.9 Billion websites are in existence, and about 3.5 Billion Google searches are made every day! So, you can imagine what and how the website content can make a difference!
Capturing the attention of the audience can be easy if the content on the framework is ‘League-apart’.
Web content is the key behind the traffic generation to websites! It is the perfect mingle of creative content and SEO keywords. So, your responsibility is to create engaging content and organizing it into various categories and blocks, so that it encourages easy navigation for the audience.
Web content is creative content optimized for search engines so that it responds to the respective keywords used for searching.
What are the characteristics of good website content?
- Highlighting the USP of the brand in a subtle way.
- People search websites for a reason and it is to get ‘information’ and so your website content should be informative.
- Follow the 3E rule - Engage, Entice, Entertain. Write that engages and entices the audience and give them something to stop, and make sure the content isn’t boring and entertains the interest of the target audience.
- Compelling call-to-action so that people stops and connects to your service.
02. Blog Writing:
Blog writing is the most creative one! The blogs can be deeply personal, conversational, also in the form of a diary or a journal, they can be really engaging and creative. They possess the power to influence businesses and also the audience.
Blogs can be about anything, for instance, if your company is a digital marketing company then you can write blogs around educating people about the different modules of digital marketing, you can write about the updates, and even case studies on successful marketing carried out by your company or other big brands.
55% of marketers say blogging is their top inbound marketing priority!
So, you can understand the importance of blog writing. And, to your surprise, there are about 152 million blogs on the internet. So, what makes a blog stand apart?
What are the characteristics of a successful blog?
- A blog should be dynamic! Yes, it should be constantly changing according to the change in the affairs, and also you can sometimes change the tone of the blog, for instance, it can be conversational and fun, or it can be educational and engaging.
- If you are writing a blog, it is your sole responsibility to create a format and adhere to it. Most of the successful blogs follow a strict pattern.
- Headlines should be attention-grabbing.
- Blogs and links go hand-in-hand.
- Embedding gifs, images, and even videos make the content successful.
- Blogs are compelling and if a person writes it around a service or a product, it will encourage people to buy the specified things.
Blogs should be of perfect length upto 2000-2500 words!
Also, they should be original and not copied!
03. Advertisement Copy:
An advertisement copy is basically a text that is used in the advertisement, for instance, you might have noticed the ads on Facebook? The text written in the ads is ad copy. It addresses the possible objections a customer might have plus it highlights key features and benefits that customers will receive by making a purchase.
So, basically it is a content that entices customers, that gives the audience a FOMO and evokes interest to buy a particular course, or a product, or a service.
64% of consumers click on a Google Ad when they are looking to buy items online!
That is a huge number and almost all the brands and business invests in ads!
What are the features of good ad copy?
- Simple, concise, and capable of holding the attention of the audience.
- Educate the people about the product or service.
- It should have ‘memorizing value’. People should remember your ad.
- It should evoke an emotion or give emotional triggers, for instance, it should give the audience fear of missing.
- An ad copy must focus on the benefits.
04. Email Writing:
I have already given good insights into email marketing past week and even on how to write a successful email that attracts clients or audiences. Email writing is a bit different! It is more personal, more targeted, more engaging, and more dedicated to reaching a specific set of users.
The format of an email is - Subject line and the main area that has the body of the email. Email marketing is the most cost-effective way to generate leads and earn a lot of revenue, investing just a little.
The demand for email marketing has risen to prominence as one of the most effective, popular, and easy ways of marketing by being personal and close to the customer. And, hence, if you are stepping in the digital marketing content writing world, it is super-important to know about it.
What are the features that make a good email?
- Words and numbers that attract attention.
- Filled with Call-to-Action.
- The subject line should be compelling, and evoking interesting for instance - Uh-oh, you missed this! Or ‘Hey this can save your time!’ or ‘100% Success with this exclusive Mantra!’. It should be of length 40-45 characters.
05. Social Media Content:
Why do we post on social media? Because we are looking forward to building brand interest, credibility, and even boost sales by impressing everyone! So, if you want that your content is liked, shared, and retweeted, or even get viral, you have to be witty with your content writing.
For this, you have to master the slogans! Master the content that is evergreen, trending, and even relevant.
A single word can make a sensation in the social media world!
Yes! The image content or social media content you are writing should be engaging, and impressive and out-of-the-box. Be it a caption, or the image content, be witty, be different.
What makes social media content stand out?
- Minimal content does wonder! Limit your image content to just 4-5 words maximum.
- Interactive content that invites people to participate in comments.
- Audience focused content.
- The writing is a bit different here! You can be as crazy and witty you want to. Go for mixing Hindi with English.
- Social media posts with a social message get viral faster.
- Even content with educational, or striking news or the one with ‘do you know’ factor gets viral faster.
06. Video Script Writing:
Whether it is a movie or a video for marketing, a good content can do real magic. Telling a story, or telling the benefits of a product in a narrative way is what makes the video script writing a success.
It comes with a motive to captive the audience and make them believe in you or in the story!
Do you remember the viral video that I told you about in the previous blog, which was about the office? Yes, it is similar to that. The script did the magic and connected you really.
There are different kinds of videos that are created by a brand, like a video that showcases their products or services in a storyline or a simple video, or a campaign video, or a video that highlights a hidden message.
Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users!
What makes a video script writing a hit?
- A cliff-hanger, suspense, or a hook!
- The content should highlight the advantage for the audience.
- Not entirely product-specific!
- Well-placed and well-organized.
- Be as concise as you can, videos are already quite understandable, don’t stuff unnecessary words.
07. Technical Writing:
Any type of technical information that has to be conveyed through words is called technical content! It is writing or drafting technical communication using technical terms, and easy language. The perfect example of technical writing is the e-manual of software. The purpose of technical content is to help, guide, and assist people on how to use a particular service or product.
- Clear and straightforward. It should help people to solve the issues and guide them ‘how to use’.
- Detailed and informative content.
- The language is direct and easily understandable.
08. Press Release Writing:
A press release is basically a written communication that reports the audience about the event, circumstance, product launch, new opening, or other happenings of a company or a brand. The tone of the entire write-up is informing and in the form of news.
What makes a good press release writing?
- A good opening headline that showcases what the news is about. Half of the people judge the book by its cover, so make sure that the headline content is evoking as well as introductory.
- Including hard numbers and details about the brand is important.
- The message from the CEO is compulsory!
- Including contact information and brand introduction.
The bottom line, content makes the foundation for each and everything! So, it is important that it is highly advised that you pay more attention to learning each and every style with their tone and format to attain higher heights in content/creative writing.
Also, if you are eager to learn any of these techniques or the entire marketing, then learn digital marketing course at the Orionators School of Learning – Asia’s fastest-growing digital marketing institute. We dig deep into the different modules. Join us and know the basics, tips, and tricks to all the modules including social media marketing, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, and website design and development!
- Online Batches
- Offline Batches
OFFLINE BATCH DETAILS 01
- Date: January 21 2021
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm (Mon to Fri)
- Duration: 2.5 Months
- Batch type: Offline
OFFLINE BATCH DETAILS 02
- Date: February 5 2021
- Timings: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm (Mon to Fri)
- Duration: 2.5 Months
- Batch type: Offline
ONLINE BATCH DETAILS 01
- Date: 01st February
- Timings: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Mon to Fri)
- Duration: 2.5 Months
- Batch type: Online
ONLINE BATCH DETAILS 02
- Date: 10th February
- Timings: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (Mon to Fri)
- Duration: 2.5 Months
- Batch type: Online
Hear it from our proud students
I got to know about Orionators School of learning through Instagram and being impressed by what they were offering, I went on for trying the course. I completed my digital marketing training last month and it was the best investment I have ever made. This certified digital marketing course really helped me to get a good job. Trust me, the practical knowledge and the skills given, helped me get through the interviews. They are complete package – Good classrooms, amazing trainers, and amazing hands-on practice on live projects.
As they claim that they are first agency based training center, trust me, they are the best. I was guided really well about the 32 modules in digital marketing course, the trainers are really good and guides really well. I got to work on my website and bring it to a good ranking. In all, best digital marketing institute in Udaipur.
My experience at Orionators School of Learning was amazing! They guided me through the 32 different modules of digital marketing which I wasn’t even aware of. The Digital marketing internship was satisfactory and the trainers were highly professional. I mastered my social media marketing skills perfectly on live projects. I would highly recommend this SEO training in Udaipur!
Orionators has given me a chance to study SEO, SMM, and Inbound Marketing courses, and they have taught me in best possible way. Class room teaching, one on one interacting with faculty, small classes and focused attention given to each candidate is what one needs! Your performance will be tested Digital marketing internship and you will job ready by the end of the course
The trainers are well qualified, notes are great. The knowledge imparted regarding digital marketing strategies is according to developments in digital world. There is no bar in doubt handling sessions. It was a great decision to join one of the top online digital marketing courses at Orionators.
I rate Orionators high on their digital marketing course with certificate because of the quality teaching they provide, as well as the environment they have set-up for students. They made the entire drill so easy for me that now I can work on projects by my own through the learnings. I have gained in-depth knowledge in digital marketing concepts and that too at very affordable fee. Thank you! You are the best digital marketing course in Udaipur."
Find it interesting? Let's Begin.. Sign Up To Get Course Curriculum!
Your Digital Education Corner